Michele McKee is the owner of Revitalize Within Wellness Center. After graduating from UCF in Health Sciences Michele became focused on alternative healing and pursued a license in massage therapy. Intrigued by the healing arts she has studied a variety of both ancient and modern healing sciences. Michele first opened Revitalize Within in Brandon, FL in December of 2011 and then moved to Tampa in January 2013. Colon Hydrotherapy is a safe and effective treatment that aides in the relief of bloating, gas, and constipation. Your comfort, privacy and safety are our priority. We operate in a welcomed and relaxed environment. Located just west of N Boulevard on Martin Luther King Blvd in Tampa, Florida. We are the only colon hydrotherapy center in the Tampa Bay area to offer the state of the art open-system. Just one colonic on the open system is equal to 3 on the closed system. It's not just more effective but better for you body in many ways. To name a few, you are are not holding against peristalsis through out the session. Just like sitting on the toilet you are able to push when the urges occur. The size of the rectal nozel is 3 times smaller than that of the speculum that is used with the closed system. This is because the waste that is leaving your body does not flow through the rectal nozel. That means that everything is able to evacuate regardless of size. The open system is gravity fed at a constant and gentle pressure of 1 psi.There is no worry of blow outs or odor on the open system.
Colon Hydrotherapy Assists to
Good health starts with having a healthy colon!
Just like your arteries, it’s important to keep the walls of your colon in optimal condition. Decaying feces impacted on the walls of the colon can lead to a number of health issues by overloading the organs of the body, affecting their ability to perform their roles in maintaining good health.
Colon hydrotherapy, also known as colonics or colon irrigation, encourages the removal of waste matter that may have become hardened and impacted over time, as well as remove gas and mucous from the body. It is a safe, and an effective method of removing waste from the large intestine, without the use of drugs. Filtered, temperature regulated water is introduced to the colon at a low pressure through a pencil thin tube. The waste is softened and loosened, resulting in evacuation through natural peristalsis. This process is repeated a few times during a session.
We use the “LIBBE” which is an "Open Colonic System". It has a waste basin built into the treatment table. The water is introduced to the colon through the rectum, using a small rectal nozzel. In an open system, you are using your natural peristaltic pressure to push the feces out directly into the basin. The venting apparatus insures an odor free session.
What to Expect When You Arrive
1) When you arrive you will be greeted and asked to fill out an intake form. You may also print this form from the website and bring it with you. We will discuss what you hope to achieve thru Colon Hydrotherapy and address any concerns you may have.
2) We will then explain the equipment and procedure.
3) In private, you undress from the waist down and position yourself comfortably on the FDA approved Libbie CHT table. (There is no physical contact with the colon therapist on an open system)
4) You gently and easily insert a small lubricated individually packaged, sterile disposable rectal tube into the rectal part of the colon.
5) You then drape/cover yourself and ring to let the therapist know you are ready to start the session. At any time during the session, you can ask the therapist to step out to give you privacy. The therapist will start the session with turning the water on. You have full controle over your session on the open system. If you need assistance at any time, the therapist will be available to assist you.
6) An Ultra Violet Water Purification and Filtration Unit purifies the water before it passes thru the rectal tube and gently into the colon. Safe, purified, temperature controlled water flows thru the tube into the colon by the force of gravity (it is not pumped or mechanically forced) at the rate of 1 psi.
7) As the colon fills with warm water, there is a feeling of wanting to eliminate, which occurs naturally. The rectal tube will move to one side and allow the softened waste material to flow out, down the drain in the base of the FDA approved CHT table, passing through a clear viewing tube. Each session lasts 30-40 minutes. An odor exhaust system ensures the area remains odor free.
Please allow 90 min for your first visit. All following visits are booked for 50 min. This includes 30-40 min on the table 5 min for prep and 5 min to dress. If you know in advance that you will need more time please request in advance to keep appointments running on time. A $10 fee will be added for an additional 10 min.
Colon Hydrotherapy is not a cure for any disease or ailment in the body. Once disease has occurred colon hydro therapy may be considered an important adjunctive therapy to rejuvenate overall health, encouraging natural elimination and release of stored toxins throughout the body.
Located at 722 W MLK Blvd Suit B, Tampa FL 33603 | 813-326-8826 | MM28537MA40720